UK Work Permits (PBS) / Business Visas
For individuals looking to come or continue to stay in the UK in a professional capacity in order to pursue a career path; there are several visa categories meant to support such professionals and UK businesses in search of those skilled personnel.
Long-term work visas
- General work visa (Tier 2)
- Intra-company Transfer visa (Tier 2)
- Minister of Religion visa (Tier 2)
- Sportsperson visa (Tier 2)
Investor, business development and talent visas
- Innovator visa
- Start-up visa
- Entrepreneur visa (Tier 1)
- Global Talent visa
- Exceptional Talent visa (Tier 1)
- Graduate Entrepreneur visa (Tier 1)
- Investor visa (Tier 1)
Follow the link to each visa type for further information.
What is a tier 2 Visa (General work visa)?
The UK has an incredibly competitive working – market.
Tier 2 is the primary or main route for economic migration into the UK. For professionals in a specialist area like Medicine, Nursing, IT, Engineering etc Tier 2 offers the safest option to move to the UK and settle. You will first have to obtain a certificate of sponsorship from an employer in the UK to kick start the process.
How long can I stay?
With a Tier 2 (General) visa, you can come to the UK for whichever is the shorter of
- the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus one month or
- ii) 5 years and 1 month.
How long does a Tier 2 application take?
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you start working in the UK. The decision should take about 3 weeks.
- The best thing if you are weighing your options is to seek a professional guidance. Our experts will look at your situation and advise you on how to make the right application . If you choose ECA Lawyers this is what you get –
- We will guide you through the evidence and paperwork required to proof your unique situation.
- We will fully complete your application form and collate all necessary documentation
- We will draft a legal representation in support of the application.
- We submit your application, documentation and evidence on time and on your behalf, unless other method is required.
- we will deal with any follow up correspondence with the home office on your behalf and keep you updated.
- Your dedicated lawyer is always there to answer your questions
Get in touch for an expert advice. Call 0113 457 9835